- To build an inclusive education and training system.
- To provide an inclusive centre of education that enables all learners to become equal members of the society, irrespective of their ability/disability
- To change the mindset of our communities in totality
- We pledge to be the agent of change
- To promote equity between abled bodied and children living with disabilities, and to provide skills and technical training to caregivers.
- To provide a stimulating environment (therapeutic services), parent and teacher support, facilitate the accessibility of services e.g. Department of Social Development, Health and Education.
- To improve the education and life opportunities for the children living with disabilities through variety of educational teaching programme
- To establish centre of excellence for the Province in delivering Early Childhood Development and Inclusion of children living.
- To equip families with the knowledge and skills to prevent vulnerability.
- To strengthen the delivery of community based service for improvement and effective implementation on vulnerable, abused, orphans, abandoned, disabled and HIV/Aids children.
- To fight unemployment.
- To strive for development in the community.
- To develop staff.
- To provide training of trainees.
- To develop a House of Safety for Vulnerable, Disabled, Abused, Orphans ,Abandoned, and HIV/Aids children.
The history of our
Star Uplifting Centre is a non-governmental and not-for-profit organisation which was established in 1999 after concern was raised about the exclusion and discrimination levelled against disabled individuals, particularly children.
This organization also provides illustration learning programmes, support materials and learning methodology which is meeting the needs of these children, so that they can learn effectively.
Working with children with disabilities is a challenge that has a vast difference in the level of care; it needs more assistance on social development aspects, life skills. Numeracy and literacy, most of these children come from disadvantaged rural communities and families, where these families have to go and seek work to make a living. By having them in this organization their safety and protection is ensured. This also promotes the Inclusion of children with disabilities in mainstream society, so without funding assistance, we cannot achieve our mission and vision statements.
Star Uplifting Centre provides an effective and efficient model of education for all children and lifts discrimination against disabled children in the communities.
A Special Thank You to our Sponsors and Supporters
We would like to give thanks to our supporter without whom our victories would have not been possible. Star Uplifting Centre would like to say Thank you for everything you have done and continue doing. These kids are having a chance my life and are seeing an even better future ahead all because of you and your caring nature. We hope to retain your continued support and reach our goals together. God bless you!
Kinderfonds Mamas, , Montheo, Eastern Cape Premier’s office (Special needs section), Fort Hare Student Association, Methodist church – Dimbaza, New Apostolic church- Dimbaza, Department of Education, Episcopal church – Dimbaza, Seventh Adventist Church, Al Middaad foundation, Shoprite, Food and Trees, Department of Correctional services, Bumbingomso, Fort Hare staff Bhisho Campus, Four Roomed gang, Danny Physiotherapist, Optimum Security, Donkey Methodist Church, Department of Transport, Muslim Church, Good News Church, AET Africa, Army soldiers (Bulembu Airport), Mr Tom and Family, Community Group, Tshatshu Primary School, Manyaru Family,Mrs Skepe and Family, Brownly Church, Susan Goosen, Qalashe Co-Op, Samantha Bramwel, Entertainment, Iron4man, Mr Goba, Nelson Mandela children’s fund, OTF – Teachers Federation, Apex HI, Community Chest, Anglo American, Anglo Ashanti, General Motors, DG Murray, ETDP Seta, Boxer Stores, Pick n’ Pay, Eskom, Lewis Stores, Wheat Trust, SAB, Johnson and Johnson, Standard Bank, USA, Pepcor, Uvimba, Star Shop, Department of Social Development, Kentucky Fried Chicken Trust, National Lotteries, Mr and Mrs Bas Kardol Family, Narbona Family, IDC, Investec, Michael van Hoorne, The owner of Van Hoorne, Buffalo City Municipality, Richard van Lienden, Bussels Family